Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Emorie

During our visit to Arkansas, Emorie celebrated her 1st birthday!   We can't believe she is already one year old!   
We had a small party at my parents house.  I finally learned (after the 3rd time) that small parties are best for #1 birthdays.   Emorie very much enjoyed herself and did not get overwhelmed, much like her two older sisters did at their parties.    And FINALLY, I "birthed" a child who wanted to dig into her cake and get messy!!!!

Here Emorie is opening a peek-a-boo quilt that her Nana made for her.

On their first birthdays, Nana and Poppy have a star named after each grandchild.   


2 comments:

kafredrick said...

Yea! Happy first birthday sweet little Emorie.
I love the giant cupcake and of course the fact that Emorie is digging in - you go girl!

kapjones said...

Happy Birthday Emorie! She is one of the happiest babies. That or she's a camera ham! Every picture she has the biggest smile!